Toddler Teacher Tip’s
I currently work at a center that care’s for children 6 weeks old to 5 years old and I have learned one big thing toddler teacher burn out is the real deal. I mostly work with Pre-K and Infants but, I do give breaks in the toddler class. I really have to work to get their attention. Within my year of being in the toddler class I have come up with a “tips list” for that classroom of wild animals 😊
- Lots of music in the classroom. From morning songs, to transition songs, to goodbye songs. Moving and dancing is key to the toddler heart.
- Small group is your best friend. Hopefully you have a toddler class with two teachers so art and sensory projects can be split up between the two of you. Its much easier to help guide the activities.
- Sensory, Sensory, Sensory I cannot stress sensory play enough for little ones. If you want to have a toddler’s attention, make the learning fun and messy.
- Routines are a must for toddlers they like consistency in schedule.
- Be Silly! Be silly with the toddlers and catch their attention with your silliness. Wear funny glasses or a silly hat. Make everything a learning experience.
Please enjoy these tips with your toddler class and remember don’t sweat the small stuff and have fun!